Hosting guests in your home can be such a fun way to connect with your friends and share good times. It can also wreak havoc on your schedule and add an new layer of stress to your already hectic day. Try these tips to make sure that you are the best Inn keeper around (just make sure your guests have a checkout date!)
1. Clean ahead: there is nothing worse than rushing around throwing things in closets before your friends arrive ( we have all been there)
2. Go to the market: check in with your guest ahead of time to see how they take their morning brew (I almost never have milk around) and any food allergies if you plan on cooking.
3. Bedding: Set aside all of the necessary bedding ans make sure you have the right amount of pillows blankets, comforters. We store ours under the bed in this handy space bag contraption.
4. Bath: If you are lucky enough to have a guest bathroom make sure you have fresh towels and maybe even some flowers. I also love to set out a basket of things that they could have forgotten at home.
5. FAQ Binder: What is the wifi password? Where is the subway? Whats a good place that delivers? I try to answer questions in a guest binder just like what you see in a house you rent for vacation. Remember this is all about reducing YOUR stress and answering texts during your workday about keys and wifi is a drag. So save yourself the trouble and do it once!